The Advanced Freediver course is designed to take students to a whole new level of freediving.
Upon completion of this course students expand their breath-hold and depth tolerance capabilities, many of which achieve dives beyond 30 meters on one breath. Our advanced breathing techniques together with our progressive preparation for deep dives can make this possible even for recently certified Freedivers.
The Advanced Freediver Course runs for 3 days and is divided into 3 academic/breathing sessions, 1 confined water session and 2 deep water sessions. This includes a static apnea workshop with breath-holds of over 3 minutes in the water. Although people may think this is impossible to achieve so quickly, the Apnea Total instructor will reveal with success the freediver’s true aquatic potential.
During our deep diving water sessions students progressively achieve new depths with knowledge, control, comfort and fun. An instructor will be by their side at all times while underwater and will guide them with precise directions for breathing, relaxation and techniques necessary to achieve these depths.
Upon completion of the Advanced Freediver Course, students receive a certification as well as private online access to the Advanced Freediver Course materials so that they can maintain their freediving knowledge.
The Advanced Freediver Course structure is as follows:
Day 1 Classroom Session – Static Apnea
- Mammalian dive reflex
- Preparation for static apnea
- Specific breathing technique for static apnea, pool and dry training
- Breath-hold exercises
- Relaxation, mind and body control techniques
- Training routine for increasing breath-hold capabilities
Day 1 Water Session – Static Apnea
- Body position and relaxation
- Preparation for a maximum breath-hold
- Maximum static apnea attempts
- Minimum 3 minute breath-holds
- Safety procedures and practice
Day 2 Classroom Session
- Advanced 4-section breathing technique
- Pre-dive breathing pattern
- Benefits and techniques of Exhale Diving
- Body adaptations to greater pressures
Day 2 Water Session
- Specific breathing for exhale diving
- Exhale dives with a maximum depth of 20 meters
- Practice of equalization technique
- Body relaxation and energy efficiency in the water
- Full lung dives with a maximum depth of 25 meters
Day 3 Classroom Session
- Review of exhale dives from Day 2
- Stages and preparation for a deep dive
- Thoracic stretches
- Lung capacity increasing exercises
- Deep equalization techniques
Day 3 Water Session
- Stretching and breathing exercises
- Preparation for a deep dive
- Exhale dives with a maximum depth of 25 meters
- Full lung dives with a maximum depth of 40 meters
Approximate time: 3 Days
Price: $310 USD per person
Whats Included: Instructor, equipment, fees, snacks, water, round trip transportation from the dive shop.
What to Bring: Swim wear, towel, sun protection (coral reef safe sunscreen, sunglasses, hat), waterproof camera.
****Please note this course must be booked in advance by comming into the store or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org****